In each academic semester (even/odd) the Institute conducts two sessional exams of all theory subjects and one internal practical exam of all practical subjects for all disciplines. The final/end-term examination (theory & practical) at the end of each semester is conducted by Board of Technical Education in accordance with the norms as listed below:
In order to be eligible to take Board’s Examination (in any semester) a candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
- Candidate must be on the rolls of the Institute of the courses for one full academic semester (odd or even) for which he/she wants to take the examination.
- Candidate paid the prescribed semester fee and fee for the back/carry over papers of previous odd/even semester(s) (if any) and the penalty for the late submission.
- Candidate’s attendance is not less than 66 percent period in any individual subject, theory and practical taken separately during the session last attended and minimum of 75 percent of the aggregate of all lectures, tutorial classes and practicals as prescribed by the Board of Technical Education (BTE) under the study & evaluation scheme of the respective course concerned based on AICTE norms of working weeks per semester pattern courses.
GRADATION OF RESULTS
A candidate shall be declared to have passed any of the semester examination of the Board in the Diploma programmes affiliated in it if he/she obtains:
- Not less than 40% marks in each of the subjects on the basis of the combined assessment of internal and external assessment in the semester examination.
- Not less than 40% marks in each of the practical and viva voce on the basis of the combined assessment of internal and external assessment in the semester examination.
- Not less than 40% marks in the subject of Project Work/Industrial Training “wherever prescribed” and on the basis of the combined assessment of internal and external assessment in the semester examination.
AWARD OF DIPLOMA
In passing all the examination and fulfilling other conditions if any, provided for in the examination scheme/relevant rules, a candidate will be awarded a diploma in the particular branch of the study by Board of Technical Education.
The following criteria shall be observed for all diploma courses:
|70% and above
|1st division with distinction
|60% and above but less than 70%
|50% and above but less than 60%
A candidate who passes the final examination by compartment or by parts, will also be awarded division on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by him/her including the compartment paper cleared subsequently.